POSITION: Client Relationship Management & Marketing Assistant
HOURLY WAGE: To be determined, based on experience
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Client Solutions and Director, Projects & Strategic Initiatives
LOCATION: OTEC is located in west Toronto, provides free parking and is accessible by public transit
*Applicant must be a student less than 30 years of age who attended school full-time last year and will be returning to school in the fall of 2018.
*Applicants must ensure that their qualifications are relevant to the position criteria.
The Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC) is an entrepreneurial, independent, not-for-profit, workforce development consulting and training organization. We are dedicated to increasing professionalism in tourism and hospitality, and service-related businesses and sectors within Ontario.
As a leader in workforce development, OTEC primarily supports training, certification and skills development for Ontario’s tourism and hospitality industry. OTEC works closely with diverse partners in tourism, hospitality, education, transportation, healthcare, government, provincial associations, as well other service sector clients. Through OTEC’s community development partnerships, we are committed to developing a well-trained talent pool to support the human resource and labour requirements of the sector (specifically through skills development of individuals with barriers to employment, including youth, indigenous populations, newcomers to Canada, members of a visibility minority, etc.) and to address labour shortages impacting the industry and our partners.
The successful candidate will provide Client Relationship Management, Marketing and Project Management support to the organization.
- Research and prospect new partnership opportunities for OTEC growth and develop accompanying communication lists and contacts
- Assist with the coordination of community development projects
- Update the OTEC CRM database (ACT or other sources) and assist with the implimentation of new CRM
- Provide administrative support including answering OTEC’s telephones and performing reception duties.
- Distribute external emails, telephone calls and website inquiries to the appropropriate team members
- Assist with the production and coordination of information packages, training packages and participant certificates
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of training sessions, eventsand meetings including luncheons, refreshment services, room setup, clean up and tear down
- Assist with content development and editing of OTEC communications, including articles, community development proposals and training materials
- Assist with the creation or adaptation of PowerPoint slides for training programs, community development program orientations and presentations, in both English and French as required
- Assist with the research for community development training program content
- Assist with social media and marketing initiatives of community development projects
- Support all OTEC departments where required, including working directly with OTEC’s President & CEO
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with other members of OTEC, as well as function independently
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in the ACT CRM System and Adobe Creative Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) is an asset
- Tourism Management, Business, Marketing, Human Resources or Education students are preferred for this position
- Bilingual in English/French an asset
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: April 23, 2018