OTEC is an independent, entrepreneurial, not for profit, workforce development, training and consulting organization. We are renowned strategy and training specialists in Customer Service, Leadership and Workforce Development initiatives serving tourism, hospitality, healthcare, retail, finance, retirement, social services and education sectors. OTEC is seen as a leader in tourism workforce development and innovation with a strong team culture and pan-provincial partnership base.
If your strengths include strong organizational skills and discipline in sales, digital marketing and communications, this dynamic position presents an opportunity for you to unleash your talent. Your expertise will strengthen OTEC’s client relationships and online presence by communicating with new and existing clients while creating, managing and tracking sales and marketing initiatives, outreach campaigns, corporate communications and traffic managing leads and sources.
If you are invigorated by working in a small, entrepreneurial, fast paced organization and you can demonstrate a minimum of two years success in a customer focused role that requires strong administrative and efficient sales and marketing multi-tasking skills, combined with a pro-active positive attitude, we’re interested in hearing from you!
This position is responsible for the coordination of sales, marketing and communication activities to achieve sales goals. Preference will be given to those candidates with administrative experience in sales, marketing and communications in tourism businesses or destinations; tourism and hospitality workforce development services; business to business sales or; corporate administration for the service sector or training and development industry.
Sales and Client Retention
- Administrative responsibilities for client business development and retention activities with OTEC’s clients across Canada;
- Qualify and escalate incoming leads and opportunities to the appropriate consultants within the organization as required;
- Assist in CRM implementation and port client contacts, sales records and opportunities to new database;
- Participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings focused on client centric priorities;
- Proof and edit client contracts for services, working with Finance and the Learning and Development team to ensure services are invoiced and scheduled efficiently and effectively.
Sales and Marketing Communications
- Coordinate client communications through a regular cycle of direct telephone, e-blasts, informational and promotional outreach;
- Develop and maintain communications lists for each product and market; segment to ensure relevant, effective, communications with OTEC’s clients and stakeholders;
- Identify and coordinate outreach and communications campaigns to new and existing industry segments and partners;
- Establish excellent relationships with industry and regional partners to assist in communications campaigns wherever possible;
- Experience with porject management software is advantageous (WRIKE).
- Coordinate all client services aspects of public session workshops;
- Contribute to annual OTEC client appreciation product sale;
- Support President & CEO with reports, presentations, updates and communications concerning above mentioned activities;
- Support office and all members of the team as required.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing ability; relationship building skills, and results oriented;
- Professional customer service orientation and attitude;
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Strong database/CRM management and project management software skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player;
- Strong analysis and criticial thinking skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; with excellent report and proposal writing experience;
- Professional telephone manner and etiquette;
- Self motivated and ability to work with little supervision;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve, working to deadlines;
- Organized with attention to detail;
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Graduate or post-graduate of a tourism marketing, business administration, public relations, new media, advertising, communications, from a university or college;
- Workforce development or Tourism management experience is an asset;
- Business to business marketing or communication experience is necessary;
- A minimum of two years’ work experience is ideal.
NOTE: Only those applicants submitting a resume with a cover letter stating salary expectations will be reviewed. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: April 20, 2018. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.
Office Location: 21 Four Seasons Place, Suite 300, Etobicoke, Ontario M9B 6J8
*OTEC is located in West Toronto, provides free parking and is accessible by public transit.