POSITION: Manager, Workforce Strategy Projects
SALARY: To be determined, based on experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Economic development, stakeholder engagement, marketing & communications
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Projects & Partnerships and Director, Projects & Strategic Initiatives
LOCATION: OTEC is located in west Toronto, provides free parking and is accessible by public transit
Position Category: Project Manager
A leader in Tourism, Hospitality and Customer Service Training and Community Workforce Development, OTEC is an independent, not-for-profit Training, Consulting, and Workforce Development organization that designs and delivers innovative, high quality solutions for the development and growth of a professional, skilled workforce.
Originally created to serve the tourism education and skills training needs of Ontario’s Tourism and Hospitality Industry, today OTEC is the premier source for sector-based workforce development research, strategy, program design and consulting solutions.
OTEC’s network of partners includes the top global brands, leading research institutions and sectoral associations, premier destinations, and international thought leaders.
Reports to: Vice President, Projects & Partnerships and Director, Projects & Strategic Initiatives
Project and Program Management
- Manage the execution of sector-based projects including:
- Project launch meetings and ongoing project planning meetings
- Create and maintain project sub-plans, budgets, allocate resources and manage project timelines
- Administer invoicing, expenses and revenue allocations in keeping with project plans and partner/funder contracts
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on project milestones, outcomes, and cash flow schedule
- Plan and execute project communications, marketing and outreach leveraging industry and stakeholder networks and cross-promoting OTEC’s full suite of projects, products and services.
Business Development/Client Relationships
- Establish excellent relationships with key project partners
- Conduct regular industry research (regional/segment-specific) to identify potential partnership opportunities and support existing partners with relevant information
- Manage project related business development activities and communications to increase stakeholder engagement
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder engagement meetings and events across Ontario
- Contribute to the development of consulting projects, partnership proposals and resulting contracts to support project sustainability plans
- Develop and maintain OTEC’s project management methodologies, technology and processes to ensure quality and consistency
- Manage administrative aspects of project activities, maintain up-to-date CRM databases and client relations records to ensure accuracy of data entries
- Contribute to corporate strategic plans and board reports
- Develop content and provide information for OTEC’s Marketing/Communications initiatives, including eblasts, blogs, website, white papers, etc.
- Liaise with external contractors, where applicable (i.e., marketing suppliers)
- Support OTEC office as required: telephone, direct mail, shipping, luncheons, training sessions, etc.
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Overnight travel for stakeholder meetings, conferences, or for business development may be required on occasion
Competencies and Skills:
- Organized with attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation and attitude
- Ability to effectively lead and manage projects, schedules and budgets
- Flexible, adaptable and can establish good working relationships with colleagues, partners and clients
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and to work within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research experience an asset
- General administrative skills, excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Customer Relationship Management Software, and Project Management Software
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: email@example.com.