Position: Contract Facilitator
Areas of Expertise: Adult training, Coaching, Facilitation, Customer Service
Reports to: Manager, Learning & Development Projects and Vice President, Client Solutions.
Location: OTEC is located in West Toronto and training will occur at the OTEC Learning Centre or at client locations.
A leader in Workforce Solutions, OTEC is an independent, not-for-profit Training, Consulting, and Workforce Development organization that designs and delivers innovative, high quality solutions for the development and growth of a professional, skilled workforce. Originally created to serve the education and skills training needs of Ontario’s Tourism and Hospitality Industry, today OTEC is the premier source for sector-based workforce development research, strategy, program design and consulting solutions. As specialists in Tourism, Hospitality and Service Sector training, OTEC is renowned for its customer service and leadership training programs. OTEC’s network of partners includes the top global brands, leading research institutions and sectoral associations, premier destinations, and international thought leaders in workforce innovation and community development.
The core responsibility of an OTEC contract facilitator is to provide training and facilitation expertise and execute training to OTEC’s clients at OTEC facilitator rates. The contract facilitator’s relationship is with OTEC directly and OTEC provides all programming and materials. OTEC secures the client contract and then contracts the facilitator to fulfill the training which can last anywhere from a half-day to multiple weeks.
Competencies & Skills
- Extensive learning content delivery experience is required;
- High level of competence in adult training;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve in real-time and adapt to changing content and participants;
- Belief in the difference training can make in the participant’s work life;
- Commitment to quality and integrity of the training;
- Innovative, creative and dynamic facilitation/presentation skills;
- Participant-centric facilitation style;
- Proficient coaching skills and understanding of emotional intelligence;
- Strong customer service orientation, attitude and training experience within a customer-centric service environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player
- Organized and attention to detail;
- Flexible with their time and has the ability to commit to scheduled training;
- Energetic and outgoing personality;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Proficient computer skills, including PowerPoint, MS Word and Outlook
- Post-secondary education and certificate in Adult Education, or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP), or an equivalent combination of education and on the job experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in facilitation and is currently active in training and facilitation for diverse client groups;
- Experience training tourism and hospitality, customer service or leadership is an asset;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
NOTE: Only those applicants submitting a resume with a cover letter and willing to work as an OTEC Associate and at OTEC facilitation rates will be reviewed. You will be asked to deliver a sample workshop and may need to participate in an OTEC Designated Trainer program should you be considered.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.